Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday 14 January 2017

Discovering Christians - My Unico Bean Salad Recipe!

Making Unico Bean Salad - Discovering God! 

Scripture:Psalm 34:1
Unico brand tomatoes and beans have long been a staple in our home. Not only do they offer excellent quality, but their products are competitively priced.
What I did not know is the role Our Father plays in getting those cans onto the shelves in our local grocery stores.
Surprised too?
This post has my Unico bean salad recipe, and a bit about my surprising journey of discovery into the role Our Father plays in getting my favorite products to market.
So what role does Our Father play in my bean salad?

Discovering the Holiness in My Bean Salad

Sounds a bit sacrilegious, doesn't it?
Holiness in bean salad?
Something I delight in is the many ways Our Father shows his influence in the world through everyday things around us. After I made my bean salad the other day, I went to find some background information on Unico. The love story I discovered here on the Sun-Brite Foods website amazed and delighted me.
A love story?

Chances are you have bought one of Sun-Brite Foods Inc's products. Its brand names include Unico and Primo, and its client list includes Campbell’s and Heinz. The products make their way from Ontario Canada to stores from the Maritimes to Victoria Island.
 Henry Iacobelli started the Sun-Brite cannery with his wife, Lina, in 1973. The couple, who met in a local cannery where they both worked, bought a failing cannery facility and worked in the plant alongside their employees.
How has this local Ontario business with humble beginnings succeeded in the ever-competitive food industry?
 “Success is based on honesty, integrity and hard work,” says Henry Iacobelli, President and founder of Sun-Brite. The key to being successful has been taking the right opportunities at the right time, and fulfilling commitments made to clients, Henry says. “I take pride in my work, whatever it is. I take pride in doing a good job, an honest job.” Henry has also turned to faith for strength and wisdom. “I never go through a day that I don’t have God in my mind,” he says. 
So, now when people ask me the secret ingredient behind my  bean salad recipe, I can truthfully reply - it's made with love.

Unico Bean Salad - Son Brite Foods Made With Love

This bean salad recipe is a favourite of mine to take along to shared suppers because it is easily transported and assembled on the spot.
Ingredients:
Combine:
  • 4 Tablespoons Primo Olive Oil
  • 4 Tablespoons White Vinegar
  • 4 Tablespoons local Honey (melted)
  • 1 Small Red Onion Sliced in Rings
  • 1 Tablespoon Dried Rosemary (crushed)
Place in a bottle to marinate and tote along. Pack it in a bag with 1 can each:
  • Unico Marinated Bean Salad
  • Unico No Salt Added Chick Peas
  • Unico No Salt Added Red Kidney Beans 
  • Yellow Beans
  • Green Beans
  • Mushrooms
Remember to pack a large bowl, serving spoon and can opener too!
When you get to the shared dinner, open all the cans and drain them - except the marinated bean salad. Combine all ingredients in the bowl.
It is rare to have any leftovers!
Note: In a hurry? Keep a can of  Unico Marinated Bean Salad in the refrigerator for a quick nutritious meal along with whole grain bread and mozzarella cheese!
Unico Marinated Bean Salad - Certified Gluten Free!
Thanks for reading!
Let's keep in touch! Subscribe to My Christian Contemplations by Email - It's free!
May God Bless you with pleasant surprise discoveries along your path,
Suzanne aka @SuzSaver

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Family friendly comments are posted after moderation.