Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday 9 November 2014

Aging Sunshine Smile via Billy Graham!

Billy Graham Shared This Smile About Aging

I just received this smile in my inbox, from Harold and Marion M. that Billy Graham may have shared in Charlotte, North Carolina when he was 94 years young. Their email inspired me to create a free printable gift for my readers.
Have you read this smile?

Billy Graham's New Suit

Sunshine Smile- Via Billy Graham
Billy Graham born November 7 1918,  now has Parkinson's disease. When he was 94, leaders in Charlotte, North Carolina, invited their favourite son, Billy Graham, to a luncheon in his honour.
Billy initially hesitated to accept the invitation because he struggles with Parkinson's disease.
But the Charlotte leaders said, 'We don't expect a major address. Just come and let us honour you.' 
 So he agreed. After wonderful things were said about him, Dr. Graham stepped to the rostrum, looked at the crowd, and said:
"I'm reminded today of Albert Einstein, the great physicist  - who this month has been honoured by Time magazine as the Man of the Century. Einstein was once traveling from Princeton on a train, when the conductor came down the aisle, punching the tickets of every passenger. 
When he came to Einstein, Einstein reached into his vest pocket. He couldn't find his ticket; so he reached into his trouser pockets. It wasn't there. He looked in his briefcase but couldn't find it. When he looked in the seat beside him, he still couldn't find it. 
The conductor said, 'Dr. Einstein, I know who you are. We all know who you are. I'm sure you bought a ticket. Don't worry about it.' 
Einstein nodded appreciatively. The conductor continued down the aisle punching tickets. As he was ready to move to the next car, he turned around and saw the great physicist down on his hands and knees looking under his seat for his ticket. The conductor rushed back and said, 'Dr. Einstein, Dr. Einstein, don't worry, I know who you are; no problem. You don't need a ticket. I'm sure you bought one.
Einstein looked at him and said, "Young man, I too, know who I am. What I don't know is where I'm going." 
 After saying that, Billy Graham said,
"See the suit I'm wearing? It's a brand new suit. My children and my grandchildren are telling me I've gotten a little slovenly in my old age. I used to be a bit more fastidious. So I went out and bought a new suit for this luncheon and one more occasion. 
You know what that occasion is? This is the suit in which I'll be buried. But when you hear I'm dead, I don't want you to immediately remember the suit I'm wearing. I want you to remember this: "I not only know who I am. I also know where I'm going." 
May your troubles be fewer, your blessings more,
And may nothing but happiness, come through your door.
And may each of us have lived our lives so that when our ticket is punched, we don't have to worry about where we are going.
On Billy Graham's website he has a new message posted. My Hope 2014 along with this prayer:

Dear God, 
I’m a sinner. 
I’m sorry for my sins. I want to turn from my sins.
I believe Jesus Christ is your Son. I believe He died for my sin and that You raised Him to life. 
I want to trust Him as my Savior and follow Him as Lord from this day forward.
 Jesus, I put my trust in You and I surrender my life to You. 
Please come into my life and fill me with Your Holy Spirit. 
I pray this in the name of Jesus. 
Amen.
Did you pray this prayer?
If so, please download this FREE printable ticket as my gift to you.
Download Your Free One Way Ticket pdf

Thanks for reading!
 "Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point."
May God Bless you today and always,
Suzanne
Let's keep in touch! Subscribe to My Christian Contemplations by Email - It's free!
 
You may also wish to visit the Billy Graham Evangelistic Website and watch his new Message My Hope 2014 with Billy Graham

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment! Family friendly comments are posted after moderation.